Creole Okra and Tomatoes
Fresh, Healthy, Tasty and if made right SPICY!
- 2 cups Okra Washed, Dried, Stemmed, Sliced
- 2 cup Corn Fresh, sliced from cobb
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 oz can, save the liquid
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 medium Bell Pepper Washed, Cored, diced
- 1 small Onion Peeled, Diced
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cajun / Creole Seasoning
- Salt / Pepper To taste
- Hot Sauce To taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, foam out butter and add oil.
Whence the fat shimmers, add onion, peppers, garlic, and, corn
stir fry until the onions start to take color (~5 minutes)
Add okra and cook, stir occasionally until okra softens (~ 8-10 minutes)
Add diced tomatoes with liquid, seasoning, and hot sauce, simmer until slightly thickened, ~4-5 minutes
Omit the butter, and you have a vegan dish fit for a king.
Serve over rice as a gumbo, cook down farther, and serve as a side dish.
Calories: 180kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 5gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 178mgPotassium: 605mgFiber: 5gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1823IUVitamin C: 65mgCalcium: 83mgIron: 2mg