Peanut Butter Cookies
It just is not cookie season, with out these tender peanut butter cookies
- 120 grams unsalted butter Softened, ~ 1/2 cup
- 100 grams Brown Sugar ~ 1/2 cup, packed
- 120 grams Peanut Butter ~ 1/2 cup, creamy or chunky
- 100 grams Granulated Sugar ~ 1/2 cup
- 1 ea Egg Jumbo
- 192 grams AP Flour ~ 1.5 cups
- 5 grams Baking Soda ~ 3/4 tsp
- 2 grams Baking Powder ~ 1/2 tsp
- Chocolates to dress
- 2 grams salt ~ 1/2 tsp
Heat oven to 375
In stand mixer cream butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy
Beat in the peanut butter, and egg on medium, incorporate well
Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda on low, using three batches
When dough forms, dish out with #30 disher, form into balls
Place balls on a parchment lined 1/2 sheet tray. ~ 2" apart
Bake until edges are light brown, ~ 8-10 minutes
Press a chocolate into each cookie and remove to cool on a cooling rack
A basic classic cookie.
I've roasted and made my own peanut butter, I've pressed the balls out with the bottom of a glass, dipped in bourbon, and then in granulated sugar.
One can add roasted unsalted peanuts into the mx as well.
Just be careful about those who may have nut allergies.
Calories: 971kcalCarbohydrates: 107gProtein: 16gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 1352mgPotassium: 469mgFiber: 4gSugar: 72gVitamin A: 1000IUCalcium: 151mgIron: 3mg