More cold, more wind, a miserable commute back to the city… I’m not an overly happy camper. Time to do some cooking and get rid of the blah’s.
Poking around in the apartment kitchen I find some Yukon potatoes, some red bliss potatoes, some leeks, and some mushroom stock.
Looking in the fridge I have some cream, milk and good parmesan cheese.
Sounds like soup, loaded potato leek soup to be exact.
InstaPot Potato Leek Soup
- 3 ea Leeks Split, cleaned, sliced finely
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 2 lb Yukon gold potatoes peeled, cubed to 1"
- 2 lb Red Bliss Potatoes peeled, cubed to 1"
- 4 cups Stock Chicken, Mushroom, or Veggie
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 cup Dairy Milk or Cream, adjust to consistancy
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese Optional
- 1/2 cup Bacon Crisp cooked and crumbled, Optional
- Chives, or Scallions Sliced Thin, optional
- Set the instapot to sauté, add butter and melt Add the leeks and sauté until fragrent ~ 5 minutes Add the garlic and sauté until fragrent ~ 1 minute
- Add potatoes, stock, salt, thyme Lid up and set the valve to seal
- Set the Instapot to Manual and set a time of 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes allow a natural release of 10 minutes
- Do a manual release of pressure and await the pin drop. BE CAUTIOUS... Steam can burn you fast and bad
- Mash most of the potatoes and mix in the dairy. Adjust the amount of diary to match you desired consistancy
- Server in bowls, with a side of buttered bread.
Comments are closed for this post.