A casual conversation with Madam BadWolf, turns into an obsessive craving. Whilst discussing meals our grandparents used to make the topic of egg custard, creme brulee, banana pudding, and all sorts of other custard based dishes was discussed.
From there an insatiable craving for rich, cool, thick, creamy pudding arrose, and from there the need to create, and from the need to create, this recipe.
Whilst, this is set for ramekins, lets be honest. This is going into mugs, so one may need to add an additional minute or so to the cook time. It all depends on just how large the mug(s) are.
This is a basic recipe, one can do all sorts of swaps and add ins in this. As always, getting there is part of the adventure. But look for future posts in this.
InstaPot Egg Custard
- 1 cup Ramekins
- 2 cups Milk Whole Fat
- 2 Ea Eggs Jumbo
- 3 ea egg yolks Jumbo
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs
- Add sugar, vanilla, salt and milk, whip lightly, mix very well
- Strain into a 4 cup measuring cup (Easier to put into ramekins)
- Pour mixture into lightly buttered ramekins, leaving about 1/2 inch of head space
- Place the trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot, and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom.
- Cover each ramekin in foil, and place them onto the trivet. (One may need to stack them depending on size of ramekin and instapot)
- Using the manual button, set the pot for 8 minutes, set the vent knob to sealing.
- When the timer goes off, manually release the pressure and remove ramekins from pot. (use tongs, they will be very hot!)
- Uncover and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes
- Move to the refrigerator for at least two hours
Comments are closed for this post.