Wandering out last night, I hit my favorite late night sushi/soju/sports pub for a quick bite and a small drink. The barkeep, offered me a new take on infused liquor. Jalapeno and Habanero infused soju.
The tasting of the infused spirits was amazing, the jalapeno soju had a green / sweet nose, a crisp sip and a lingering intense heat, the habanero was similar but with surprisingly a less intense heat, possibly owing to length of age.
Utilization of the jalapeno in a jalapeno yellow tail roll produced an intense flavor sensation.
For infusions, I’d use any clear liquor, though bourbon and cherries also come to the front of my mind.
This post is less of a recipe, and more of a discussion on method.
A 1-quart jar will hold a 750ml bottle of spirits with extra room for the infusion ingredients. The mason jar with a wide mouth makes it easy to get the ingredients in and out. Keep the original liquor bottle to store your finished spirits and label it with the flavor.
- 1 ea Jalapeno Large, Washed, stem removed
- 750 ml Clear Spirits Vodka, Soju, Cachaça
- In quart jar, add pepper, and spirits
- Let infuse for any time from one day to one week, check taste daily.
- Whence flavor and intensity are at a desired state. Filter and store.
Be the first to write a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.