Sunday, my day to splurge and spend time in the kitchen. Having spent the day yesterday in NYC, K-Town, with a vegetarian, I have a craving for meat feast, of the asian style.
It so reminded me of the Honey Pig in Vegas, an order of pork belly, wagyu, and sides, all washed down with Kirin. Soo, tired of the Corona lockdown.
Back to the meal in progress, I’d rather do this on a grill and add a bit of smoke, but as I am in the apartment / cell, I’ll have to do this on the stove and in the oven. BAH, soo tired of this place.
I swear whence we move I am setting up the outdoor kitchen and getting back to real cooking.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Thighs
- 4 ea Chicken Thighs Bone in, with skin
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Rooster Sauce (Sriracha or equiv)
- 1 tsp Ginger Grated / minced
- 3 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- Whisk all of sauce together, taste and balance flavors.Looking for a sweet start with a warm finish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat
- Liberally, season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, and the oil spiders. add in the chicken skin side down.
- Cook until the outside is crisp and browned, 3-4 minutes on each side
- Add sauce to skillet and turn chicken to coat well
- Move skillet to oven and bake until chicken is 165. ~30-35 minutes
- Move skillet to stove top and turn chicken to coat well
Comments are closed for this post.