With all the various events occuring, and the changes in lifestyle I find myself cooking for one on many occasions. I’ll start to create a category for this, and add some of my small simple dishes there.
My goto for this is noodles, primarily in an quick and dirty asian style. I’ll say that as it is not Thai, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Malaysian, or any other style or culture. Truly another case of cultural misappropriation..
I’ll use ramen in this specific dish, but one can use udon, lo mein, even spaghetti or other extruded string pasta. It might be worth a try to use macaroni and create a quite thick sauce by including Hoisin sauce, Oyster sauce, or using a cornstarch slurry and “stir frying” the sauce and noodles to thicken.
This is a basic recipe, one can add all sorts of protein, fried tofu, cooked shrimp, roast chicken, quick seared beef, etc. (I’ll assemble another post on some of these)
Ditto one can add all sorts of fresh vegetables, diced, and sauteed to a tender crisp state.
The ingredients listed here are items always in my pantry
Quick Asian Noodles
- 1 pkg Noodles Ramen, Udon, Pasta (1 Pkg Ramen, 3-4 oz others)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Oil
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Garlic
- In a microwave bowl, place 2-3 cups of water and microwave on high for 4 minutesIf you are using noodles other than ramen, cook to package directions
- Add noodles minus the flavor packet and microwave 3 minutes
- While Noodles are cooking, mix the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- When noodles are cooked, drain the water and add to the sauced bowl
- Toss to coat the noodle while hot
Comments are closed for this post.