And the celebration of Tết is upon us. As such the obligatory post for some form of Asian dish is required.
The SheWolf is partial dumplings of the potsticker variety, but these can be steamed, or cooked in a broth for a dumpling soup..
The creation of these is not arduous, and one can substitute soya or other vegetarian crumbles for the meat components.
Dumpling is a broad classification for a dish that consists of pieces of dough (made from a variety of starch sources) wrapped around a filling, or of dough with no filling. The dough can be based on bread, flour or potatoes, and may be filled with meat, fish, cheese, vegetables, fruits or sweets. Dumplings may be prepared using a variety of methods, including baking, boiling, frying, simmering or steaming and are found in many world cuisines.
- 1/2 lb lean pork Ground
- 1/2 lb shrimp Cleaned, shelled, minced
- 6 ea Scallions Cleaned, Minced
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup Cole Slaw Mix
- 1 pkg Wonton Wrappers Round or square, (round is easy to fold)
- Place all but wrappers in a glass bowl
- Combine well, cover and chill for 1 hour
- Place an amount of filling in center of wrapper, (start with 1 tsp, adjuestto fit)
- Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water or egg wash
- Fold over, press to remove any air bubbles, and seal.
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp oil to a shimmer
- Place 6-8 dumplings in the pan, do not crowd
- Cook until bottoms are browned, add 1 tbsp water and cover to steam ~ 3 minutes
- Uncover and cook until bottoms are browned / crispy
- Serve with a dipping sauce.
Be the first to write a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.