It is almost spring here, Easter has arrived and left, days are getting warmer, and I have stopped wearing my AWS hoodies. And thoughts of food turn to heavy grilling (more on that as I choose my new grill), light salads, and things between.
I had forgotten just how much I enjoy a good egg salad in the vein of light salads. In one of our “Fend for yourself.” meals, I found some hard-boiled eggs and a few other things to generate a decent effort at an egg salad sandwich.
Egg salad is a dish made primarily of chopped hard-boiled or scrambled eggs, mustard, and mayonnaise, often including other ingredients such as celery.
It is made mixed with seasonings in the form of herbs, spices and other ingredients, bound with mayonnaise. It is similar to chicken salad, ham salad, tuna salad, lobster salad, and crab salad. A typical egg salad is made of chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, minced celery and onion, salt, black pepper and paprika. A common use is as a filling for egg sandwiches. It is also often used as a topping for a green salad.
Spicy Egg Salad
- 8 Large Eggs Boiled, Peeled, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Mayonaise
- 2 tbsp Hot Mustard The egg roll stuff
- 3 tbsp Red Onion Minced fine
- 1 ea Jalapeno Pepper Washed, Stemmed, Seeded, Minced finely
- 2 tbsp Capers Drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Fresh Ground
- Add all to a medium bowl and mix.
- Rest 30 minutes in fridge
- Serve on toasted whole wheat bread with lettuce
Be the first to write a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.