As the winter of 2020 rolls on, I want rich, hearty, tasty food. And I want it now!
Prior winters, a quick call to a local provider would generate this quickly, with my move to Suburbia, this is no longer the case. (Even to local pizza place can’t find me) . So one must fall back to basic skills.
With the press of commuting, and work, and all the other things that consume my life, I reach for my personal food T.A.R.D.I.S, the Instapot.
This is a basic recipe, one can add other veggies, swap the protein for a vegetarian compliant ingredient, bump the spice, or swap the water for a stock, (Watch the salt level).
Do note the step to dissolve the curry block in hot liquid.
Basic InstaPot Curry
- 1 block Curry Seasoning Golden Curry, S&B, Vermont, choose your spice
- 2 ea Potatoes Peeled, 1" Cubes
- 4 ea Carrots Small, peeled, 1"Cubes
- 1 ea Yellow Onion peeled, 1" Dice
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs Boneless, Skinless, 1" Cubes
- 2 Cups Water Hot
- 1 tbsp oil Neutral
- 1 ea Chili Pepper Jalapeno, Thai, washed, seeded, diced
- 4 oz Mushrooms Cleaned, Quartered
- Dissolve curry block in water
- Set IP to Saute, add oil
- When oil is hot, add chicken and saute to take color 3-5 Minutes
- Cancel Saute, add rest of ingredients
- Set for manual high pressure, 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, let set (NPR) for 10 minutes
- Press cancel and release pressure
- Check seasoning, balance taste
Comments are closed for this post.