I’ve been in stores this week where either shelves are empty of cleaning supplies, or purchases are limited. I see carts filled with supplies like a Nor-Easter, had a bastard child with a Polar Vortex and was going to deliver a blizzard from the last ice age..
PANIC, SIMPLE OUT RIGHT PANIC.
My thoughts are take some SIMPLE precautions, eat well, eat healthy, eat things that will support your immune system.
I will make no claims, I do no want the FDA, AMA, and other three letter agencies, hounding me. But in many cultures garlic and ginger are use for their healing powers. And Chicken?, Who does not feel better after a nice hot bowl of homemade chicken soup.
Ginger Garlic Chicken Soup
- 4 ea Chicken Thighs One can go vegetarian by omitting and replace water with veggie stock
- 1 ea Onion Peeled, Quartered
- 4-6 cloves Garlic Peeled, smashed
- 3-5 inch Ginger Peel, slice
- 1-2 ea Thai Chili peppers Washed, Sliced
- 1 ea Carrot Large, Peeled, cut into thick coins
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1 tbsp Neutral Oil Peanut, corn or other
- ~6 cups Water
- Wash and pat dry chicken pieces
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Set InstaPot to saute
- Add oil, whence oil spiders, brown chicken ~ 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and reserve
- Add onions, carrots, and saute until onions are translucent
- Add ginger, garlic, chili's and saute until fragrant. ~2-3 minutes
- Exit saute mode
- Return chicken and cover with 6 cups of water. (One COULD use chicken stock here as well)
- Select manual mode on IP, High pressure and 20 minutes
- Lid up and walk away, when timer is done give it 10 minutes Natural release, then turn the knob to release pressure
- Unlid, remove chicken to a plate.
- Onc can strain the broth, but I just eat around the ginger slices
Comments are closed for this post.