Ah, brunch, that weekend meal between breakfast and lunch, given to sumptuous light bites, and even lighter cocktails. Given that Madam Badwolf was up quite early due to the bi-annual sleep disturbance called daylight savings time, it was my task to generate a meal to offset the upset.
Forget mimosas and bloody marys, her favorite cocktail is a grapefruit shandy. So to round out our somewhat time-distorted meal, I’ll knock together a shandy.
One needs to use a light citrus beer, and a semi-sweet grapefruit, otherwise we have a bitter juice combined with a bitter beer, to generate a mouth-puckering experience.
Wikipedia is somewhat sparse on the subject:
A beer cocktail is a cocktail that is made by mixing beer with other ingredients, such as a distilled beverage or another style of beer. In this type of cocktail, the primary ingredient is beer.
Shandy or radler – Beer with lemonade, citrus soda, ginger beer, ginger ale, or fruit juice, e.g. grapefruit.
- 1 Tom Collins Glass 12 oz or up to a pint glass
- 4 oz Pilsner Beer A good light citrus flavor
- 3 oz Grapefruit Juice Semi Sweet, "Ruby Red"
- 1 slice Grapefruit Washed, Sliced as a garnish
- In a 12-ounce glass, pour in the beer and grapefruit juice
- Gently stir to combine
- Garnish with a grapefruit slice
- Serve ice cold
Be the first to write a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.