A quick tasty filling little meal. Making use of some pre-cooked chicken, some pre-cooked noodles, and simple tasty sauce, enhanced by veggies.
Instant noodles are a noodle dish, sold in a dried and precooked noodle block, with flavoring powder and/or seasoning oil. The flavoring is usually in a separate packet, although in the case of cup noodles, the flavoring is often loose in the cup. Some instant noodle products are seal packed; these can be reheated or eaten straight from the packet/container. Dried noodle blocks are designed to be cooked or soaked in boiling water before eating but can be consumed dry.
The main ingredients used in dried noodles are usually wheat flour, palm oil, and salt. Common ingredients in the flavoring powder are salt, monosodium glutamate, seasoning, and sugar. The dried noodle block was originally created by flash frying cooked noodles, and this is still the main method used in Asian countries, but air-dried noodle blocks are favored in Western countries.
Ramen, a Japanese noodle soup, is sometimes used as a descriptor for instant noodle flavors by some Japanese instant noodle manufacturers. It has become synonymous in America for all instant noodle products.
Thai Peanut Noodles
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Creamy Style
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil Toasted is nice
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar Seasoned
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ginger Fresh Grated
- 4 cloves Garlic Peeled Minced
- 1 ea Chili Seeded Diced (Thai Birds eye)
- 1 tsp Gochujang Korean Chili Paste
- 2 pkgs Ramen Toss the salt packets
- 2 ea Grilled Chicken Breasts / Cutlets 1" chunks
- 2 ea Carrots Peeled / Shaved / Minced
- 1 ea Zuccchini Washed, halved, sliced thin
- 2 ea Scallions Washed cut to 1" pieces
- 1 tsp Neutral Oil
- 1 tbsp Cilantro for garnish
- 1 tbsp Peanuts Roasted, Crushed for garnish
- Mix all in small glass bowl, set aside
- Prepare Ramen according to package instructions, do not use the seasoning packs, set aside to drain
- In a large skillet over medium heat. Bring oil to a spider
- add chicken and cook until taking color
- add veggies and cook until tender crisp
- add noodles and sauce, toss to coast and heat through
- Add garnishes and serve
Comments are closed for this post.